I’m very pleased to say that I’ve received two separate nominations for the Liebster Award. First from Miss Zoe at A Bookworm’s Opinion and second from Norman LaVelle. I have to say that I love getting these because (1) it gives me an excuse for a blog post and (2) it really does help us bloggers connect. These are coming at a perfect time! So thank you both. Seriously.
• Post eleven facts about yourself
• Answer the questions posed by your nominator
• Pass the award on to eleven new recipients
• Post eleven new questions to your recipients
• Post a copy of the badge on your blog (type “Liebster Award” into Google images; you’ll find plenty to choose from). Notify nominees and include links to the originating blog, as well as the new recipients.
(Note: Since I received this nomination twice, I will answer both sets of questions, but I thought it redundant to come up with 22 things about me and 22 people to send to! But I don’t want to have to choose which questions to answer. I thought that would be tacky! Plus I like answering questions…)
Facts about Me:
1. My favorite band is Destroyer.
2. I once went as Ricky Martin for Halloween.
3. I have had two houses burn down.
4. When I was in high school, I wanted to be an astrophysicist.
5. My birthday is 9/9
6. One of my favorite memories is playing Frisbee on the Mediterranean.
7. My mom’s name is Star
8. I prefer cats to dogs.
9. I drive a Ford (I’m getting desperate.)
10. It’s a Focus (Really, really desperate.)
11. I love prime numbers.
Okay, now to the juicy bit. The questions!
First, I’ll do Zoe’s; please check out her site. The link is above.
1. If you knew today was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it and why?
I’d be booking it to Maccu Picchu. I don’t want to not see it before I die.
2. Who is your number 1 role model?
3. If you could marry one celebrity who would it be?
Zac Efron. Haven’t you seen Hairspray. I mean he’s dreamy.
4. What is your number 1 favorite TV show of all time? (doesn’t have to be on the air anymore)
5. If you could travel back in time for one day, where would you go?
I would really like to have dinner with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, so anytime he’s eating. (Preferably after he started writing the Holmes stories.)
6. If you could meet any three people (alive, dead or fictional) who would it be?
Sherlock Holmes, Bea Arthur, Superman
7. If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?
8. If you could only say one sentence for the rest of your life what would it be?
What was that again?
9. What animal would you be if you had to choose and why?
A cat. They seem to have a pretty chill life.
10.If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, what would they be and why?
A computer. A wireless router. A television. (I’ll worry about food later.)
11.If you could get rid of all the songs from a particular singer, whose would you delete?
Imogen Heap. I just really, really can’t stand it. Like irrationally can’t stand it. (To be fair to any Imogen Heap fans, I’m not really a music expert or anything.)
Alright, now Norman’s, and again, please visit his site as well. These award things don’t work if we don’t help the cause!
1. What’s your big project right now?
This blog. Or more specifically the novel associated with this blog.
2. What is the best memory you have of your childhood?
My week in France. That one won’t be beat for a while.
3. At what age did you know you wanted to be a writer?
Good question. I’ve always known that I’ve wanted to tell stories. But I’m not sure if I ever decided, hey, I want to be a writer. But I do remember thinking that in 8th grade, so maybe around 15?
4. What is the destination of your dream vacation?
Anywhere near a large body of water.
5. What is your primary goal in life?
To be healthy, happy, and entertaining. (Preferably in that order.)
6. If you could be a super hero, who would it be and why?
Superman, because, really, he’s awesome.
7. If you could donate $15,000 to any charity who would you choose?
I’m not sure of one specifically, but probably something to do with literacy. I’d have to research before I sent any money. I just have not yet had cause to research. (I would also consider giving it to my public library because they do wonderful work.)
8. What do you feel the most import part of writing? i.e. research, outline, rewriting, proofing
Ummm. The writing? I guess that probably went without saying, huh? Then definitely the editing. That’ll make or break you.
9. What inspires you to write?
Ambiguity and absurdity.
10. What is your favorite blog to read and why?
There are too many right now just to pick one. I’ve been trying to go around to a lot of fellow writers sites to see how they’re doing it. I find that helpful.
11. E-Reader or Actual Book?
Actual book. Always.
Okay! Now it’s your turn:
2. Bertram’s Blog
3. In Quotation Marks
4. For the Love of Autism and Writing
5. Life As I Understand It
6. February Stationary
7. Note to Self
8. Becky’s Books
9. Become an Author
11. Another Novel Read
Alright, for those of you eleven brave enough, here are your questions:
1. Coffee or Tea?
2. What’s your favorite color?
3. What’s your favorite animal?
4. If you combine the answers to 2 and 3 and made an animal of that color, is it awesome?
5. Who are you currently reading?
6. Who is your celebrity crush? If you don’t have one, lighten up a little.
7. What’s your sign?
8. Apple or Microsoft?
9. If you could title your memoirs right now, what would you call them?
10. Do you prefer the city or the country?
11. Do you write longhand or solely by computer?
That’s it. Thanks again to Zoe and Norman for nominating me. I love filling these out! Hope everyone has a great week. Oh and shameless plug: Chapter 4 is brand new. There’s still time to catch up!